Friday, October 15, 2010

My mother-in-law

Wake at the void Deck

My mother-in-law pass and her wake was at her son flat void deck. A Buddhist prayer was held for her pass. It was a five days chatting of Buddhist prayers. Buddhist monks conducted the prayer while the next of kin join in the prayers. On the first night I did not brought my glasses so I can not pray but because of my bad knee I sat instead of kneeing. The prayer was going on, I looked up and saw my mother-in-law standing in front of everyone wearing the kui yee black clothing standing in front.

On the second night, the large incense stick was three quarter burned I lighted another large incense stick. I felt someone beside me. I turn my head and saw my mother-in-law standing beside me. She made a quick dash inside and the cloth hang beside the table shake just like a gust of wind blowing. She was in the kui yee clothing the cloth she was wearing in the coffin. The third night I did not see her. On the forth, my wife's eldest and youngest brother in law, the two in laws slept beside the coffin from the first day.
I saw her three times on the forth night. She was walking to and forth the coffin from her head to her feet. She was wearing the black kui yee uniform. The fifth day she was cemented at woodland crematorium. We collected her bones in the afternoon and send to her resting place in a temple in Bedok.

No comments: