Thursday, December 9, 2010

CID HQ...The 13th Cells ( My uncle " Toa Kho " )

Toa Kho or Big Uncle

Toa Kho was my mother's brother. He was the eldest son in the family. It was not really his fault that he became a gangster. At a young age my grand mother drove him out of the house, he got food and a place to live from the people he knew. Village life was tough and my grand mother had no idea that a young boy need food and a place to stay.

His friends provided him food and a place to stay. He hanged out with his friends. His friends needed money, they got they money from shop owners. They also got their food from the shop. They must made sure no one else collect money from the shop owners. If another gang collect from their shops, their job was to fight them.

Toa Kho was well respected by his friends, they made him their chief. His favourite weapons were an axe and a parang. He was a very good fighter. I knew nothing about his activities. My mother often told me Tao Kho was taken by CID. After his released he visited my mother. If my mother was at home, he asked my mother for a few dollars but if my mother was not at home, he just took the money. Often he took afew dollars but not all the money.

Toa Kho had many people walking behind him. One group was his brothers or gang members, another group was the CID detectives. It was my grandmother's birthday, our family visited grandmother, but Tao Kho friends was driven out. My father was not on good term with my uncle. I guested they belonged to different gang but so far no conflict. Uncle felt upset, took his favorite axe and parang to my home and
attacked my father. He was no match when he fought with my father although he was a good fighter in his gang. My father threw him and tied him up with rope. My father was a martial art expert. My uncle was not hurted but was shaken, he never lost a fight but lost to my father he threw him, my father was not armed.

No comments: