Wednesday, October 29, 2008

N.S. Keat Hong Camp - 40 SAB 1970

I was posted to Keat Hong Camp 40 SAB, 40 Armour Battalion, to serve my National Service after attending a four weeks Signaller Course at the School of Signal in SAFTI. In another word, I was SAFTI trained soldier. My platoon was Signal Platoon. 40 SAB was the first Tank Company in Singapore.

Signallers liked all others had to do guard duties. I was on guard duty with fellow soldier named Roy. Two of us were on patroling duty. We walked passed the Signal Platoon. I saw a soldier walking along the five-foot way, I said to Roy, I saw a soldier walking along the five-foot way pointing my one finger at the man in green. His replied was, "where got man?" He said, "there was no-one there". The soldier walked into the batteries room, without opening the door! Roy and I, we walked to the room banged the door and there was no reply. Knowing, that was a ghost, both of us ran as fast as we could.

No comments: